welcome To EMBRACE Resort
We look forward to having you join us and hope that your stay at the EMBRACE Resort in Staniel Cay Exumas Bahamas is both rejuvenating and educational. We hope to take you on a journey through seven of our beautiful islands with the history and culture of the Bahamas depicted in each villa. Bahamian delicacies will be found in our restaurant with a twist of class to satisfy your taste buds with Caribbean seasonings and spices that will be remembered. All this mixed in with international flavors so there is something for everyone.
While you are here as our guest we want you to embrace all that we have to offer. Staniel Cay and the surround islands offer amazing sights.
Four villas currently available for preview stays Grand Opening 2016.
The EMBRACE Resort aims to be a completely unique and gratifying get away for our guests while offering the highest standard of personalized service. Our goal is to give visitors the opportunity to EMBRACE the colorful, vibrant, multifaceted culture here in the Bahamas.
Once completed, we will feature 7 themed villas and the only spa, fitness center and meeting space on the island, along with a luxurious poolside cabana and an upscale restaurant featuring new twists on classic island delicacies. Our name “EMBRACE” is actually an acronym for our 7 villas which are outfitted to represent their island namesake.
We are also proud to be the first eco-friendly property in the Exuma Cays and hope to make an impact on our area and an impression on the other businesses in our community. Please see Green Initiatives for more information about our current and future efforts.
Vacation Planning Services
Let us take all the stress out of planning. EMBRACE is blessed to be located on one of the island gems of the globe surrounded by world renowned attractions. Nikki, the owner has been known as the “go to gal” when it comes to planning your Exuma Cays vacation. We will ensure that all of your vacation needs are handled no matter if it is as little as a beach picnic for 2 or as big as a wedding for 100 people. Rest assured that you will have the best in the business with keen knowledge of what to do in the Cays as well as over a decade of planning experience. By staying will have the island’s first travel agency at your disposal and also benefit from discounts on boat tours as well as boat and golf cart rentals.
For more information about things to do please visit our Discover the Cays page.
we believe sustainable tourism to be effective must be a lifestyle commitment rather than a sporadic effort or marketing tactic. As our identity is inspired by the organic and novel beauty of the Bahamian islands, we endeavor to use environmentally conscious practices, from construction through to operation. Travelers come to The Bahamas, and especially the Exumas, because they’re enchanted by our pristine natural surroundings, if those of us in the tourism industry don’t make the effort to take care of our environment, visitors will eventually stop visiting our shores. If The Bahamas is to flourish for years to come, sustainability must start with us.
As we are in the construction stage, we are sourcing eco-friendly products like low-to-no VOCs paint, dual flush toilets as well as low flow showers and energy star appliances and ensuring every aspect of construction will have little impact on the environment and surrounding marine features. Even the décor at EMBRACE is mostly sourced locally, focusing on natural pieces instead of processed and imported items. We have also started our towel re-use program to and have sustainability leaflet in the room to invite our guests to join in our efforts towards a sustainable future.
Once we are is fully opened in 2015, we will host events for the local community focusing on sustainable tourism, recycling and waste management initiatives, with the ultimate goal of making Staniel Cay a more environmentally friendly community. When the restaurant and spa are opened we will be using systems to reduce the water, waste and electricity such as the FOG DOG to filter the oil and grease from the kitchen, solar powered water heaters, and an irrigation system using gray water.
We are working with an OBMI’s Environmental Consultant, Denaye Hinds who will be ensuring that we will do our best to function in an environmentally friendly manner throughout the construction and operation of EMBRACE. EMBRACE plans to partner with organizations like Cans for Kids, Go Green Bahamas, the Bahamas National Trust and of course, the neighboring Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park.
News & Accolades
Real Life Caribbean Magazine
REAL LIFE magazine is for discerning individuals who appreciate all aspects of luxury living in a tropical paradise. Filled with beautiful images and superior content and design.
The Bahamas Investor Magazine
A priceless tool for anyone looking to invest, work or live in The Bahamas, The Bahamas Investor strives to bring the most pertinent, up-to-date information from the jurisdiction.
When life gives you lemons, you can make so much more than lemonade. Here, Julia Fain, who blogs about design, recipes, and DIY at TagandTibby.com.
Angie Away Travel Blog
In 2010, I quit my PR job in New York for what was meant to be a yearlong career break. Now, this perpetual traveling lifestyle and storytelling journey has become my reality.
The Green Global Travel Blog
As a Responsible Scuba Diving addict, I’m always searching for the best, most serene and untouched dive sites in the world. I prefer those that offer plenty of flora and fauna.
The Planet D Travel Blog
It’s a question we get on a regular basis. What type of camera do you use? Do you use a tripod? What’s in your travel photography kit? What other photography gear should I bring with me on my travels?
Uncommon Caribbean Travel Blog
Never been to the Caribbean? Been on a quick cruise? Maybe you’ve been traveling in the region for years? Whatever your level of experience with the West Indies.
Luxury Travel Advisor Blog
Air New Zealand has been having fun with its home country’s connection to Peter Jackson’s Hobbit movies for a while now, including using elements from the films in the onboard safety videos.
The Nassau Guardian Newspaper
One Bahamian resort has recently been recognized for its sustainability practices, and another is on the path towards similar recognition, but action on sustainability in the tourism industry.
Spa & Wellness
As the first spa in the Exuma Cays, we look to set the bar very high. After opening we will invite you to indulge yourself in a vast variety of rejuvenating spa treatments all in an eco-friendly environment. The most caring and capable hands will provide a revitalizing and relaxing journey in a green atmosphere with a peaceful ambiance.
We at EMBRACE promote a healthy lifestyle and invite you to access our beautiful fitness facilities. Here you will be enticed to condition yourself with our state of the art equipment. Tone your muscles and stay limber even while you’re on vacation.
Our guests will be treated to the indigenous flavors and spices of the Bahamas . We will take the dishes we know and love and enrich them with an upscale twist. With a combination of mouthwatering local delicacies and internationally inspired dishes We endeavor to be one of the area’s most inviting places to dine with an ambiance, culinary delights and unmatchable customer service.
Just as your event, wedding, conference or meeting is important you deserve to have a meeting space that is just as significant. It is pivotal that the space impresses the guest and has all of the facilities necessary to make your event successful and memorable. It would be our pleasure to hold and plan your occasion in our state of the art island inspired facilities.
Discover The Cays
How to get Here
Staniel Cay is located about 75 miles southeast of Nassau and is accessible by air and by sea. Below is a list of the most convenient ways to come see us.
Scheduled Flights : From Nassau – Flamingo Air flies twice a day morning and afternoon. See our Specials & Packages section to find out about getting a complimentary ticket by just staying 4 nights or more!
From Florida – Watermaker Air flies twice a day morning and afternoon. This is a direct flight from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to Staniel Cay.
Private Charter : Would you rather travel on your own time? Hire one of our local pilots to fly you in at your convenience up to a family of 5 people.
We have two dock spaces available to rent on Staniel Cay.
Isles General Dock : This dock is moments away from EMBRACE Resort as well as the airport, which makes it very convenient. This dock is available for boats 60ft. or less and is rentable for a very nominal fee.
Staniel Cay Yacht Club (SCYC) : SCYC dock is a mere 5-7 minutes away from EMBRACE and is available to host larger vessels. Please just call us on VHF 16 and we’ll be more than happy to greet you there.
Things To Do
Staniel Cay is blessed to be surrounded by the most profoundly beautiful natural attractions and even some world wonders. Please see a list of some of the things that you don’t want to miss when visiting the Exuma Cays.
Visit the Swimming Pigs – One of the great wonders of the world and the must see celebrities of the Bahamas are the swimming pigs. You may visit them on Big Major’s spot and feel free to take a snack for them as a treat for swimming out to greet you.
Snorkel in Thunderball Grotto – This cave is one of the most magnificent snorkel spots in the world. Since it is a protected area the all of the underwater wildlife roam freely. Also architecture and coral within the cave is also beautiful to see. It’s best to go at low tide to get the full experience and also be safe.
Pet the Sharks at Compass Cay Marina – Yes, you read that correctly pet and sharks in one sentence. The sharks at Compass Cay are tamed, trained and very friendly. You can swim with them, feed them or if you’re not comfortable doing that they will swim up on the dock for you to give them a little pet on the back. We’d recommend going here at high tide so the sharks could swim onto the dock.
Rachel’s Bubble Bath Looking for a more romantic option? Rachel’s bubble bath is the perfect place. It is actually a natural bubble bath in the ocean and is located right behind Compass Cay.
Go For A Beach Day The Exuma Cays are well known for having some of the most beautiful beaches in the world with clear blue and green waters and soft white sandy beaches some that stretch for miles. If you’d like to stay on land we’d recommend Pirate Trap Beach or Hotai Cay Beach, both minutes away from EMBRACE Resort. If you’d like to venture off island we’d highly recommend Sandy Cay and Twin Cay, which have beautiful sand bars during low tide and nice shady areas for beach picnics or simple sunbathing.
Visit our Indigenous Iguanas The iguanas are inhabitants of their own island name sake “Iguana Cay”. These friendly little guys are indigenous iguanas so you definitely will not find them in any pet store. We do not recommend feeding them especially if it’s going to be your left over chicken sandwich because they are vegetarian.
Go to the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park This park is the only one of its kind in the world. Their motto is take only photographs, leave only footprints. We are proud to say that they have been a leader in conservation of the Cays for over 50 years. On land you can see sights such as whale bones as well as another indigenous animal known as the Hutia. You can also bask in the pristine beauty of the protected marine area known as “The Aquarium” which is another awesome snorkel spot.
Interested in going on a boat tour and experiencing all of the above? Send us an email and we’d be more than happy to set it up for you.
Calendar of Events
- The National Sailing Champion of the Bahamas lives and is from Staniel Cay
- Nobody taught the pigs to swim they taught themselves and continue to teach their piglets.
- Johnny Deep, Oprah and Tyler Perry all own islands in the Exuma Cays.
- Staniel Cay has a population of about 100 and 90% of the population is somehow related
- 4 or more movies including Splash, Pirates of the Caribbean and of course 007 were filmed in the Thunderball Grotto.
- Staniel Cay airport is one of the most busy airports in the Bahamas.
- The iguanas on the Cay are the only iguanas of their kind and they are vegetarians so please don’t take your BLTs to feed them.
- Staniel Cay is known for having some of the best boat builders in the country.
- Book a 2-night stay and receive a $150 Fee Credit.
- Book By Dates: July 1st, 2015 - June 30th, 2016.
- Travel By Dates: July 1st, 2015 - October 31st, 2016.
- Black-out Dates: December 21st, 2015 - January 3rd, 2016; March 24th - 27th, 2016
- $150 Fee Credit is valid on minimum 2 consecutive nights stays at participating Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board member hotels only.
- Valid for double occupancy stays only.
- Offer is redeemable by a licensed private pilot only. (Upon hotel check-in, the pilot must present a copy of The Bahamas Customs stamped C7A receipt in the same name as the traveling party.
- Limit of 1 (one) Fee Credit per pilot’s hotel reservation.
- This offer is not combinable with any other Fee Credit offers.
- This offer is not valid for private flights operated by resort/hotel properties.
- Book By Dates: October 31, 2015
- Travel Window: June 23, 2015 through January 31, 2016
- One free airline or Bahamas Ferries ticket from Nassau for 2-night hotel stays OR two free airline or Bahamas Ferries tickets from Nassau for 4-night or longer hotel stays PLUS special hotel offers. Exclusive Hotel Offers: Complimentary Airport Transfer. 10% off of room rates. 10% off of all half or full-day tours 10% off of transportation, i.e., both boat and golf cart. Free WI-FI.
- Book By Dates: Now through September 30, 2015.
- Travel By Date: Now through January 31, 2016.
- Black-out Dates: November 23 - 30, 2015; December 21, 2015 - January 3, 2016.
- Note: Additional blackout dates for special hotel offers may apply.
- Book an air-inclusive vacation for 4 – 6 consecutive nights at a participating hotel (single or double occupancy) and get one free R/T airline ticket from Nassau; book an air-inclusive vacation for 7 consecutive nights at a participating hotel and get two free R/T airline tickets from Nassau.
- Book By Dates: August 17th – September 14th, 2015.
- Travel By Date: August 17th, 2015 – December 21st, 2015.
- Black-out Dates: November 23rd – 30th, 2015
- Participating Hotels: Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board member hotels only.
- Note: Offer includes all applicable government and airline taxes and fees.
- Book an air-inclusive vacation for 4 consecutive nights or longer at a participating hotel (single or double occupancy) and get a $250 Air Credit.
- Booking Window: Now through September 30th, 2015.
- Travel Period: Now through January 31st, 2016.
- Black-out Dates: November 23 - 30, 2015; December 21, 2015 - January 3, 2016.
- Buy One, Get One free air ticket from Nassau on a 4 night or longer air/hotel/fishing vacation package at a participating member hotel PLUS receive a $100 Fishing Credit.
- Get two free roundtrip tickets from Nassau on a 7 night or longer air/hotel/fishing vacation package at a participating member hotel PLUS receive a $100 Fishing Credit.
Our clients’ testimonials
“As I have been travel to so many places, stay at Binimi Villa is the best experience we ever have! You can check this place out by google 3N's vacation services. I travelled with my husband and 2.5 years old son to Staniel Cay at the end of April 2015, just to show my son the pig island.”
Jia Q, The best experience ever!
“My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay in the Andros Villa at Embrace Resort. I have wanted to vacation in Staniel Cay for years and was pleased to finally make it happen. I knew prior that Embrace was not complete yet but we still found it to be an enjoyable place to unwind.”
Braxlo, Great Place in Staniel Cay
We at EMBRACE Resort would love to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to contact us whether it be for reservations or other information. We look forward to speaking with you.